Tarquin’s Cornish Gin, the award-winning distillery based in north Cornwall, is set to launch its brand-new Gin School in the centre of Padstow on 1st October.
Groups of up to 12 (a socially distanced 6 on opening) will experience a hands-on distilling masterclass inspired by Tarquin’s personal journey – learning how to make gin on his stove top at home, eight years ago when he was just 24.
Located 10 minutes from Tarquin’s main distillery in a beautiful listed building just off Padstow harbour, guests will learn about the distilling process, before making their very own one-of-a-kind bottle of gin to take home. A special feature of the masterclass encourages budding distillers to bring in their own botanicals. From homegrown herbs to foraged fruits, each can be used to create interesting flavours in a bottle of gin which is completely unique to them.
The masterclass goes through a step by step process to create a delicious gin; selecting and weighing botanicals to ensure a balanced flavour, distilling to perfection, then labelling, signing and waxing each bottle by hand.
Tarquin Leadbetter, founder and Master Distiller of Southwestern Distillery said: “I set up the distillery almost a decade ago now with the dream of distilling a few bottles in the morning then going surfing in the afternoon. With our new Padstow Gin School that is now a reality for everyone! We’ll even share a few trade secrets in our masterclasses!”
Tarquin’s Gin School – The Masterclass will be hosted every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 12-2.30pm at 2-4 Lanadwell St, Padstow PL28 8AN.
Tickets cost £85pp which includes:
- Tarquin’s Gin and Tonics.
- Tarquin’s Tasters.
- 70cl custom-made gin to take home.
- An introduction to Tarquin’s process and experiments.
- An array of local, familiar and exotic botanicals for you to choose from to make your own gin in a mini copper pot still.
- BYOB – Bring your own botanical! If you have something special, feel free to bring along something you’ve grown in the garden, or a favourite spice from your travels.
- Label, Wax and Sign your own bottle with your individual tasting notes.
Approximate school runtime 2 hours 30 minutes
You can buy tickets at www.tarquinsgin.com/tarquins-gin-school.
For more information about Tarquin’s Gin, visit www.tarquinsgin.com.