For anyone with a passion for providing an excellent level of customer experience, this new Level 4 Hospitality Manager Apprenticeship is launching in September 2020 at South Devon College.
Hospitality managers work across a huge variety of organisations including bars, restaurants, cafés, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels and contract caterers.
This hospitality manager apprenticeship is perfect for individuals to develop their knowledge and skills in the hospitality sector and as an employer, it’s great if you would like to upskill existing staff or train new employees. The typical duration of this programme is 12-16 months.
Other benefits of the programme include:
- One day per month College training.
- Work-based training and electronic learning platforms.
- Enhancing your apprentice’s skills and knowledge without disrupting their staff role.
- For a non-levy paying organisation, the cost per apprentice will be £400-£500.
Other qualifications are available to enhance the apprenticeship such as – Personal Licence Holder and Food Hygiene Certificates
Apprentices will learn:
- How to manage the delivery of business standards in a range of settings.
- Identify the management information available in own area and understand how to use, analyse and act on it to drive business change.
- Understand the standard business operating procedures, the services and products and how they are managed and their potential consequences.
- Identify peaks and troughs in business levels and understand the factors which influence them e.g. season, weather, cultural and special occasions.
- Understand how technology supports the delivery of products and services in hospitality businesses.
Know and understand how to consistently communicate and engage with people and teams, and much more!
The study programme will be held at the University Centre next to South Devon College, employers/employees can enrol now for a September start. For more details go to www.southdevon.ac.uk/course/hospitality-manager.